Monday, February 16, 2009

Fabulous Valentine's present

Hi Everyone,
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! We had a fun day here. Ryan got me a great present. I have a hard time decorating my house because I love things that are real and tell a story. Hard to come by when you have a Ross budget. Anyway, we have a wall in our home that has 6 huge niches (nitches or neeshes?). They are on either side (3 on each) of an even larger niche for a T.V. For four years, I have had nothing to put in these niches, and they have remained empty. This has led many visitors, including family and friends, to wonder whether anyone actually lives here or not. Anyway, I finally decided that if I had to buy "stuff" to put in them, I wanted them to be things I really loved. I found a great store here in Scottsdale. The owners travel to Europe a few times a year and shop at antique stores, estate sales, garage sales, etc. and bring back things they really love. My present was one of their finds. It is a antique French spice scale from the late 1800's. It still has all the original weights with it and everything. It may sound like a crazy thing to display, but I love it, and I hope to find many other pieces like it to fix my "problem wall." I will post a picture as soon as I figure out how. Anyway, I love a decorating blog called "designwithchristine.com." Check it out ladies; you won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Yeah! I want to see it. There is a little button above the box where you write a new post that takes you through the steps of finding a photo to post.

Stephanie said...

I guess I didn't realize that you were still blogging! I'm so happy that you are! Now let's see some pictures!

Katie said...

Yea Beck! I am so excited to see it in a few weeks!!!!!! Love Katie