Friday, March 20, 2009

CELEBRATION!

Hello one and all,
It has been a very busy week around here, and I don't know quite where to start. Katie and Tom and their kids came back for Evi's adoption, a wonderful occasion. Our mom got here last Thursday (a surprise to the boys) and Katie, Tom and their kids got here on Friday (another surprise for the boys), and we attended Evi's adoption on Saturday morning and then hosted a party here at the house.

In a very special turn of events, the court-set adoption date was the Saturday before spring break for both my boys' school and Katie's kids' school, and so we have been able to spend a whole week together.

On Sunday, we gathered all the kids for a scavenger hunt. The final clue let them know that we would be spending the next two days at Disneyland! It seemed like the week was going to last forever.

In order for me to be able to go, I had to have all my work done before we could leave, and I had 48 separate jobs to do. This is the equivalent of 3 days worth of reports to get done in one day. I worked nearly straight through the night (with the exception of 2.5 hours of sleep), and I hadn't washed my face that night. My eyes took on that "mascara sinks to football player stripes" look. I walked out in the morning, and Beloved #2 looked at me accusingly and said, "Mom, you did NOT get your beauty sleep!" He is so funny! We have all been laughing about that one.

We had a wonderful time in Disneyland, and the week has ended all too soon. I don't even know where the time went. Emma and Levi are each like half of a person without the other, and it hurts terribly every time we have to watch them say goodbye. The goodbye's always hurt, but I was looking forward to this vacation so much for so long, that this goodbye is especially difficult. I suppose that will make the next reunion even sweeter.

This post is too long, and I apologize. I will post pictures eventually (I always say that, huh?!).

2 comments:

Katie said...

Emma misses Levi so much...they really are each other's other halves. We love you guys!

Katie said...

Hi Sis, I love you!